All You Need To Know about Nigeria's Kelechi Amadi-Obi
Here are Kelechi Amadi-Obi’s 6 tips on how to become a successful Photographer.
- Start small and take risks
- Study to improve your skills
- Network with other photographers
- Have a portfolio
- Always be ready
I started practicing art full-time in school while studying Law part-time, after identifying my love for the art. This has helped develop my visual skills.
2. Start small and take risks:
Invest in the major working utensils that you need, it could be a good camera, lights, sketching board. Just have something to practice with. I didn’t have all my working utensils but I started with the essentials items as at that time, a cardboard paper, sketch book, pencil, water colour and oil paint.
3. Study to improve your skills:
Develop your skills and know what you are doing. While growing up I learnt from an early stage that I could research on anything and whatever you doing, you can excel at it. So I started reading about painting and artistry because art itself is powerful. Photography is all about the lights, following the light to create a balance between light and dark. To create an illustrator between form and sharp.
4. Network with other Photographers:
Hang out with other photographers who are into what you are doing, learn from them, share experiences with each other. I didn’t have a studio when I started, so I would shoot in black and white film, use other people’s darkroom and chemicals to print.
5. Have a Portfolio:
Having a portfolio is to have a reference material where you can showcase to people what you have done, a collection of all your pictures. Having a portfolio helped me get my first fashion editorial job with Truelove magazine.
6. Always be Ready: Sometimes you don’t have to have a client you working for before you take some particular shots because you never know what your client is looking for. So explore.
Art is a powerful media for social engineering because as an artist you determine what you want to showcase.
Kelechi Amadi-Obi – Creative Photographer ,
Kelechi Amadi-Obi, after obtaining a law degree and his call to bar in 1993, settled to full-time studio art. He has earned international renown for both his photography and paintings. His unique style and mastery of aesthetics and creative lighting in his paintings have been reinvented in his photography to create understanding, dynamic and result oriented photography for his clients.
Some of his works have been featured in exhibitions within and outside Nigeria.
About Kelechi Amadi-Obi
Photographer who has had his work exhibited at”Snap Judgement” – New Position in Contemporary African Photography in 2006.
Kelechi Amadi-Obi Before Fame
He graduated with a law degree in 1993.
He won the St.Moritz Style Award for Photography. He has worked with Guinness Nigeria Plc, MTN Nigeria Plc, and PZ Nigeria.
He is from Nigeria.
He and Albert Gilbert are both award-winning photographers.
Veteran photographer shares how to attract well-paying clients [WATCH]
Kelechi Amadi-Obi is a household name in Nigeria when it comes to photography.
According to the veteran, the best creative environment is brought about by a mixture of design and accident.
While he may follow the brief of his client, planning too much for a shoot leads to repetition and predictability. When the flow goes naturally, life comes in the middle of the ‘accident’.
On the digital age and it’s effects on the profession of photography, Amadi-Obi believes that digital photography is a welcome development as photography itself is a child of technology.
Digital photography also has helped a lot of people develop early in life that they want a career in photography as it is readily available to them through their phones and other devices.
On how to attract the highest paying client, Amadi-Obi says “If you do good work that serves the purpose and satisfies a need money will follow. And if you hone your craft to the point where you become the best, then you’ll attract the highest paying clients”
Curled from Pulse.
- Bellanaija Weddings – Tonydoo Weddings – Top Recommended Wedding Photographer in Lagos Nigeria
- Wedding Photographers in Lagos Nigeria | Pre Wedding Photographers | 2020 Reviews Best Wedding Photographers in Lagos Nigeria | Wedding Photography Prices and Packages in Lagos Nigeria
- Sony Alpha Nigeria in partnership with No. 1 Photography School in Nigeria – Tonydoo Visuals Photography School
- No. 1 Wedding Photographers in Lagos Nigeria | Official Website | Wedding Photography | Pricing | Wedding Packages | Wedding Videography | Pre Wedding Photo Ideas | Wedding Planning Guide | FREE Wedding Planning Checklist
- 23 Things You Will Learn & Get At The Lagos Photography Bootcamp starting on Monday.
- Sample Page
- Shop List
- My account
- Terms and conditions
- Masonry portfolio 3 columns
- Masonry portfolio 2 columns
- Masonry portfolio 4 columns
- Masonry portfolio 4 columns no spacing
- Masonry portfolio 3 columns no spacing
- Masonry portfolio 2 columns no spacing
- Masonry detailed portfolio 3 columns
- Masonry detailed portfolio 2 columns
- Masonry detailed portfolio 4 columns
- Masonry detailed portfolio 4 columns (no margin)
- Masonry detailed portfolio 3 columns (no margin)
- Masonry detailed portfolio 2 columns (no margin)
- Grid portfolio 3 columns
- Grid portfolio 4 columns
- Grid portfolio 2 columns
- Grid portfolio 2 columns (no margin)
- Grid portfolio 3 columns (no margin)
- Grid portfolio 4 columns (no margin)
- Grid minimal portfolio 3 columns
- Grid minimal portfolio 2 columns
- Grid minimal portfolio 4 columns
- View Student Works
- Grid minimal portfolio 2 columns (no margin)
- Grid minimal portfolio 4 columns (no margin)
- Login Page
- Best Photography School in Lagos, Nigeria – Tonydoo Photography School
- About classic
- About simple
- About creative
- About minimal
- About sidebar
- Pricing classic
- Pricing simple
- Pricing creative
- Pricing minimal
- Pricing sidebar
- Services simple
- Services creative
- Services minimal
- Services sidebar
- Contact classic
- Contact simple
- Contact creative
- Contact sidebar
- Our process
- Team member
- 11 PHOTOGRAPHY TIPS FOR WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHERS IN NIGERIA
- WEDDING PHOTO BOOKS AND WEDDING PHOTO ALBUMS IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Kelechi Amadi-Obi
- Photography for Beginners Books
- Contact us
- What We Do
- Tonydoo Visuals | A Full Service Digital, Media & Creative Agency in Nigeria
- Course Curriculum
- The Best Photography School in Lekki, Lagos | Join now. New Dates Announced
- Wedding Photographers in Toronto Canada
- Course Application Form
- Photography Summer School in Lagos Nigeria
- Photography Portfolio
- #TheUnseenLagos: Documentary Series by Top Photographer Tonydoo Visuals
- #TheUnseenLagos: Register Here
- Photography Schools in Lagos
- Website Design Company in Lagos Nigeria
- Wedding Photographers | Wedding Videographers | Drones | Wedding Photography in Lagos Nigeria
- Picture Frames | Photo Frames | Prices of Picture Frames | Photo Frames Sizes and Prices in Nigeria
- No. 1 Photography School in Lagos Nigeria | Official Website
- #7945 (no title)
- List of Best DSLR Cameras for Beginners Canon, Nikon, Sony in Nigeria | Best Cameras for Professional Photography in Nigeria
- Register to join the next class.
- Camera Headquarters NG | Cameras for Sale in Nigeria | Cameras for Youtube | Cameras for Vlogging | Canon Camera Price List in Nigeria | Nikon Camera Prices in Nigeria
- Naija Photography Academy
- Online Photography Course in Nigeria
- Wedding Photographers in Lagos Nigeria | Wedding Photography | No. 1 Wedding Photographers in Nigeria | Tonydoo Visuals | Official Top Wedding Photographers in Nigeria | Wedding Photographer Prices | Affordable Wedding Photographer in Lagos Nigeria
- Wedding Photographers in Lagos Nigeria – Bellanaija Recommended
- The Best Photography School in Ajah, Ibeju Lekki, Epe Lagos | Join now. New Dates Announced